- A high level of competence in all academic skills
- A love of, and a commitment to, the learning process
- Positive self-esteem by encouraging children to become self-motivating and active participants in the learning process
- Highly motivated, self-disciplined students
- Technology skills for academic and personal achievement
- We will build positive relationships with each student, staff member, parent, and stakeholder.
- We will demonstrate through student performance that the instruction provided resulted in learning for all.
- We will teach for understanding, frequently monitoring students’ understanding and providing a variety of opportunities for students to demonstrate mastery.
- We will work collaboratively in developing research-based instructional strategies to provide daily for rigor and relevance beyond the standards of spring testing.
- We will involve the parents in the learning process by providing opportunities for shared learning experiences.
- We will monitor the results of our individual and collective efforts through relevant data and use these to guide our processes of continuous improvement.
- We will provide interventions to strengthen each child’s learning and promote their academic best.
- We will reach our goal of all students reading to learn and on grade level by the end of third grade.
- We will use positive behavior strategies as outlined in the CHAMPS approach.